Welcome to the monthly origination post for the data collected in May 2018. Here, we go in to detail about the distribution of investments that were made and some interesting stats per country of origin. If you missed last month’s post, you can check it out here. The total amount invested in the platform in May 2018 was €3,369,998, an increase of over 10% since the previous month. At the time of writing, Bondora has 36,255 investors and €129M of investments through the platform.
Loan Origination by country
While the distribution of investments by country were similar to the previous months, there were some slight changes again. Estonia still has the highest share of investments at 66%, a reduction of nearly 2% since the previous month. In comparison, the share in Finland has increased by over 3% to 29.3%, approximately 2% lower compared to the 31.06% share in February.
In Spain, we are now seeing a lower share than last month at 4.7% of the total, or €158,307. Even though the share decreased, the average interest rate remained relatively static at 56.36% and increased by nearly 1% in Estonia. In Finland, the average interest rate also remained relatively static at 41.22%.
Share by rating, country and amount
The table below contains the weighted average interest rate, total amount and share per country of origination and rating. Here are some key takeaway’s we can see:
- Loans graded with a ‘C’ rating account for the highest share of investments at 21.37% of the total, closely followed by ‘D’ rated loans at 18.94%.
- ‘AA’ rated loans had the lowest percentage originated at 1.25% of the total share (a further decrease since last month), slightly higher was HR rated loans at 1.45%.
- Finnish ‘F’ rated loans account for the highest share in the country’s total originations at 54.79%, approximately 6% higher than the previous month.
- Across lower risk loans (AA-B), the average interest rate is the lowest in Finland for AA and B rated loans and in Estonia for A rated loans.
- The lowest average interest rate across all countries was seen in AA rated loans in Finland at 9.8%, the highest being HR rated loans in Spain at 71.93%.
- 91.41% of the total share in Spain consists of F and HR rated loans, approximately 2.5% lower than last month.