More than 750 attendees were visiting the largest online lending event in Europe – LendIt Europe 2015 – this week in London. The conference was split between platforms and investors and was represented with 45 countries, making it very diverse.
We have summed up some of the takeaways for you.
- Institutional investors are increasingly more active in P2P lending marketplace and are becoming an attractive source of growth for platforms
- Industry is evolving from peer-to-peer lending to a marketplace concept where different sources of capital meet with different borrower profiles
- UK is leading the charge in Europe for establishing a regulatory framework for P2P lenders
- UK is opening marketplace investing for ISA (Individual Savings Account) account holders
- According to Liberum analyst Cormac Leech, alternative finance will take as much as 20-30% market share in consumer finance over the next 10 years
Our CEO and founder Pärtel Tomberg was also among the speakers. Panel “Opportunities in Continental Europe“ with moderator Robert Stafler (Fintex Capital) and panelists Raffael Johnen (auxmoney), Charles Egly (Prêt d’Union), Pärtel Tomberg (Bondora), Dr. Dominik Steinküehler (Lendico) and David Hanf (smava). (Source: LendIt Europe 2015)