Welcome to the monthly origination post for the data collected in June 2018. Here, we go into detail about the distribution of investments that were made and some interesting stats per country of origin. If you missed last month’s post, you can check it out here. The total amount invested in the platform in June 2018 was €4,878,953, an increase of over 45% since the previous month. At the time of writing, Bondora has 37,931 investors and €134M of investments through the platform.
Loan Origination by country
While the distribution of investments by country were similar to the previous months, there were some slight changes again. Estonia still has the highest share of investments at 65.3%, a reduction of less than 1% since the previous month. In comparison, the share in Finland has increased slightly to 29.46%, approximately 2% lower compared to the 31.06% share in February.
In Spain, we are now seeing a higher share than last month at 5.24% of the total, or €255,699. Even though the share decreased, the average interest rate decreased to 53.46% and followed suit in Estonia to 22.88%. In Finland, the average interest rate also remained relatively static at 40.58%.
Share by rating, country and amount
The table below contains the weighted average interest rate, total amount and share per country of origination and rating. Here are some key takeaway’s we can see:
- Loans graded with a ‘D’ rating account for the highest share of investments at 19.74% of the total, closely followed by ‘C’ rated loans at 19.71%.
- ‘HR’ rated loans had the lowest percentage originated at 1.26% (€61,665) of the total share (a further decrease since last month), slightly higher was AA rated (€105,990) loans at 2.17%.
- Finnish ‘F’ rated loans account for the highest share in the country’s total originations at 53.57%, approximately 1% lower than the previous month
- Across lower risk loan ratings (AA-B), the average interest rate is the lowest in Finland across the board
- The lowest average interest rate across all countries was seen in AA rated loans in Finland at 9.06%, the highest being HR rated loans in Spain at 71.29%
- 91.56% of the total share in Spain consists of F and HR rated loans, approximately the same as last month.