Hi there, I’m Lisette from Bondora’s Investor Relations team. Every month, we round up all the most-asked questions we received from investors in one blog post. You can find all the answers to these top questions right here. It’s just another way we provide first-class customer service.
Let’s go through the top 5 questions we received from our investors in August:
1. Verification: “I uploaded my ID a long time ago. Why am I not verified yet?”
It should take our verification team roughly 1 business day to complete your verification.
If it takes longer than 1 business day to verify your account, we might have a backlog due to weekends & holiday breaks, or some documents are missing or weren’t uploaded correctly. Please log in and ensure that all the correct information has been uploaded.
If you’ve done everything correctly, and it has taken longer than 3 business days, please contact our support team.
2. Verification: “Why do we ask for photos and tend to reject scans when discussing verification/identification?”
Verifying your identity is vital in the authentication process, as the information you provide helps us protect your money and your account. So, getting the ID verification right is essential.
If our verification team rejects your ID, they’ll send you a message about why they couldn’t accept it and specify what you need to do so it can be accepted next time.
Please ensure that:
- The document is valid and has not expired.
- It is good quality, color image.
- The image isn’t blurry.
- No edges are cut off or covered.
- All the information is clear and easy to read.
- There are no watermarks or other damages.
3. Investing: “Is the system choosing worse loans for me than for other customers? Why is the algorithm making bad choices for me? (Portfolio Pro/Portfolio Manager)”
Portfolio Manager and Portfolio Pro are two different products to choose from – the first is almost fully automated and can invest in all loan ratings. At the same time, you can set the level of risk you are willing to take. On the other hand, Portfolio Pro allows you to configure additional criteria such as loan rating, duration, and country.
So, if you are getting ratings you have not selected in your Portfolio Pro settings, it’s most likely because your Portfolio Manager is also active and investing, and all you need to do is pause it here.
If you need further assistance, please contact our support team.
Please note that Portfolio Manager and Portfolio Pro are only available to investors who joined Bondora before the 24th of August 2022.
4. Withdrawal: “I mistakenly withdrew money to my expired bank account. What happens to the money?”
If you’ve accidentally withdrawn money from your Bondora account to a closed bank account, the money should automatically be reverted to your Bondora account.
Depending on the bank you withdrew to, this might take a few business days. But once the money returns to your Bondora account, you can withdraw it to your active bank account.
You can also remove your old bank account, so you won’t accidentally withdraw to it again. Click the link to see how to remove an old bank account.
5. Go & Grow: “Why can I only see Go & Grow Unlimited? I also want the regular Go & Grow with a 6.75% return.”
On the 24th of August, we implemented two temporary changes to our platform. In the coming months, we will prioritize launching new loan markets, new financial products, and new target audiences. To manage this, we are directing new investors to gain access only to the Go & Grow Unlimited tier at up to a 4.0% p.a*.
Our up to 6.75%* return Go & Grow tier has temporarily become exclusive to investors who joined Bondora before this date.
Read more about this change here.