This week one of the main topics in the industry has been Bank of Englands interest rate cut which has been already widely viewed as positive news for P2P industry. In the US, Prosper and LendingClub are both reported to be part of big financial deals. Find out more in our weekly industry news round-up below. Enjoy!
- Wall Street Journal is reporting about the largest investment commitment in the history of the marketplace lending industry
Prosper Working on the Biggest Deal in the History of the Industry (04.08.2016, Lend Academy)
- Technavio analysts forecast the global P2P lending market to grow at a CAGR exceeding 53% during the next 4 years
Increase in Global Lending of MSMEs to Drive the Global Peer-to-peer Lending Market Until 2020, Reports Technavio (01.08.2016, BusinessWire)
- According to survey, Italian and US banks face greatest risk of losing consumers to alternative financial service providers
US and Italian banks face the greatest risk of fintech disruption (01.08.2016, Business Insider UK)
- Lending Club is said to be in talks with Western Asset Management Co. to set up a fund to purchase as much as $1.5 billion of loans
Interested in Buying Loans? Lending Club Said to Be in Talks with Western Asset Management (04.08.2016, Crowdfund Insider)
- As interest rates fall in UK, the investors are looking for better returns in P2P industry
Interest rates fall, P2P platforms overwhelmingly positive Asset Management (04.08.2016, AltFi)
Our Estonian readers can check out an interview with a person who decided to manage money the smart way and became an investor. Bondora is also mentioned in a post about investment returns in different markets.
- A short overview about the investment returns offered by P2P platforms in different markets
What annual return one should expect from p2p lending in different markets? (03.08.2016, Tarpusavio skolinimas)
- In Estonian. An interview with a mid-level manager who speaks about her experiences in investing
Keskastmejuht: pane kohe kasvõi kaks eurot kõrvale! (04.08.2016, Postimees Majandus)