Last week was relatively quiet in the industry. Main highlights are news that Goldman Sachs is nearing the launch of their online lending service and Amazon launching a partnership with Wells Fargo in the US. In the UK Financial Times discusses why alternative finance platforms should become banks. Financial Times also shares the thoughts of the new head of the FCA who believes that peer-to-peer lenders that market buyback guarantees, provision funds and other forms of fixed interest are misleading investors. Enjoy reading!
- FT discusses why alternative finance platforms should become more traditional, regulated banks
Why online lenders should become banks (17.07.2016, Financial Times)
- Another traditional bank, Goldman Sachs, is nearing the launch of its online lending service
Goldman Sachs to Launch Online Lender this Fall with Consumer Loan Product (20.07.2016, Crowdfund Insider)
- New head of UK Financial Conduct Authority warns about peer-to-peer lending platforms that market buyback guarantees, provision funds and fixed rates to their investors.
City regulator warns on peer-to-peer lending (20.07.2016, Financial Times)
- Wells Fargo bank and Amazon have launched a partnership offering discounted student loans to Amazon Prime customers.
Amazon teams with Wells Fargo to offer student loan discounts (22.07.2016, CNET)
Mentions of Bondora over the past week
Over the course of the last 7 days Bondora was mentioned in an article on top peer-to-peer lending platforms in Europe and an overview of fintech companies in the Nordic region. Our CEO also gave two interviews for the Estonian business daily.
- Fintech Vallet has put together an overview of major Fintech players in the Nordic region.
Fintech in the Nordics and Baltics (18.07.2016, FINTECH Valley)
- In Italian. The article lists top 10 European peer-to-peer lending articles.
P2P, LE 10 MIGLIORI PIATTAFORME IN EUROPA (21.07.2016, iFinance)
- In Estonian. Our CEO, Pärtel Tomberg, discusses how regulation is restricting alternative finance platforms to grow in Europe.
Eesti seadused jäävad ühisrahastusele jalgu (22.07.2016, Äripäev)
- In Estonian. An interview with our CEO discussing why Bondora is well positioned for tougher economic climates.
Ühisrahastus on majanduskriisi korral eelisseisus (22.07.2016, Äripäev)