Hi there, I’m Kairi from Bondora’s Investor Associates’ team. We strive to give first-class customer service to all our investors and to answer all your questions. Here are the top 4 questions we received from our investors this month. Let’s dive in!
1. Identification: “The ID I submitted looks great. Why didn’t you accept it?”
For investor protection, we follow strict requirements from the EU AML Directive in order to keep your money and account safe.
When uploading a copy of your identification document to verify your account, make sure it is:
- A good quality color copy
- A photo of a valid Passport, ID card (both sides) or Driver’s license
- Intact (full size, including edges, with no information cut out or covered)
- In good condition (Watermarks and other changes to the document are not allowed)
If you need more information or help, you can visit our Help Centre.
2. Bank account verification: “Why wasn’t my bank account verified automatically?”
There are several possible reasons. It could be that your name doesn’t match, you have a joint account, or it’s not a personal account. Please double-check that you’ve entered your details correctly. Once you’re sure that all your details are correct, you can continue with the bank verification process.
To verify your bank account, make a SEPA-payment from your bank account to your Bondora account. The payment amount can be as little as 0.01€.
Please remember: Note your Bondora account reference number in the description.
Once an amount is received from your bank account, it will be verified and linked to your Bondora account.
If you still have trouble verifying your bank account, email us at [email protected] and we’ll gladly help you.
3. Card payments: “Why and what happens when my credit card payment fails?”
There are various possible reasons for this:
- We accept payments within the EU/EEA, as well as from accredited investors outside of the EU. You can view the full list of supported countries here. All other credit card payments are blocked.
- Card and transaction limits are in place to make the overall experience safer for investors. In our experience, fraudulent activities related to payments are usually made via credit card transactions. This safety measure is one of the many ways we protect our investor community.
- If you have trouble with withdrawals to your credit card, we cannot see the reason for the rejected transaction, as your card provider controls this. Possible causes include: an expired card, closed account, or timeout error. Try again and if the problem continues, please contact your card provider.
- If your card has expired, our built-in smart system will detect it. The transfer is then redirected to your bank account and the expired card will be removed from your Bondora account.
4. Portfolio Pro: “My Portfolio Pro cash deployment is slow, or it’s no longer investing. Why is that?”
With Portfolio Pro, you can customize your investments by choosing the loan duration, ratings, and country.
If you notice that your Portfolio Pro is hardly investing or is too slow, it could be because of the criteria you have set. Try widening your criteria, like your Bondora rating or loan duration, to speed this up.
Please note: we are not issuing loans in Spain and Finland at the moment, and, based on your criteria, this could have a direct effect on your investments.
Due to recent global events, we have purposely scaled down our originations for the time being. In line with this, we have also decreased our paid marketing and decided to focus only on loan originations in Estonia. This ensures that our costs are lower. Overall, this means we can continue to grow sustainably throughout this period.
Have a look at this video for more information on Portfolio Pro criteria.
And that’s it for this month!If you have any questions, email us at [email protected]—our team is happy to help. Make sure to follow us on our social platforms for more news and regular updates. Until next time!